Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Caw

Ok. I’ve been watching this video periodically since it was brought to my attention by one Ms. Island Spice. She also showed me Surfwise. She has a great sense of humor and a very even keeled sensibility and perspective. She must be a very old soul that at one time was very devilish.

Creepy Lip Sync Contestant Totally WTF! (Philippines)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5-uR8-3AE

This youtube has messed with my head. Comparable to my fascination with Rosemary’s Baby. The more times you watch it the more significant subtleties you notice, like the increasing progress of the neighbor’s piano playing, which can only be heard in the kitchen. How relevant is the piano? I need to know. What does it all mean?

It's a heady experience filled with a collective anxiety met with relief when the little sex troll dumps the powder out of her head; when she roars; when she flaps her blackened hair like crow wings and screams in their voice. We have so many crows around here. I am now disoriented with a creepy feeling each time I hear crows now. These mornings when I hear them outside my bedroom window that image of the little feminine spook flapping her hair wings and crying out like an accusing crow lives inside my head.

Feeding the baby crows the other night definitely would have been a much more enjoyable experience had I never seen that video.  I find myself repelled by their blackness and their raspy, barking caws,. A negative feeling washes over me when I hear crows now. Why did that performance have this effect on me? I feel haunted, as if trapped in a 19th c novel.

I like the way it starts out as a sensual striptease. The crowd goes crazy during the finale after the crow flaps. The climax, of course, is a relief, so the crowd is adoring and cheering, but then she does that creepy baby show with the voice-over and everything. Mind melding and a wonderful performance. I love the curtsey at the end. My understanding is that this is a gentleman from the Philippines during a Halloween lip synch contest. If this is the caliber of contestants, then I’d like to see the others.

Caw, caw, caw.

1 comment: