Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Conflicted Chicken

During lunch today I went to drop off my application at the SB Wildlife place and I met Sam. Terri said he was eligible, "oh, you'll meet Sam, he's eligible," she smirked, "and you'll meet Fred." Not her type, I was gathering. After seeing the baby birds I went next door and ordered some chicken wings. It was a conflicting experience. Not sure about having the birdie nursery next door to the Chicken Ranch where it smells like succulent, charcoal bird flesh all day long. Every table was filled with chicken eaters. I ordered crispy chicken to go. I stepped back to wait for my order and noticed that the full tables were all male. There were only men having lunch in the meatery. Another woman younger than I came in and placed a to go order. I mentioned to her that the restaurant was all meat, I mean men. (Note to single self.)

I'm going tomorrow after work to see the training video and then I can start feeding the babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment